There is an interesting myth about wealth that nobody can keep the same assets all the time. Every year, the list of top ten billionaire of any country changes due to variation in the net assets either in the form of loss or profit. Nothing is different in case of Russian billionaire. According to Forbes, there are many changes in the list of top 10 Russian billionaires list. Following are the top 10 Russian billionairesWho is richest man in Russia?
1. Vladimir Lisin is at the top most rank in the list of Russian billionaire in 2018 with net worth $19.1 Billion. He is 61 years and involves in business of steel and transport. His company NMLK is famous for manufacturing steel products. Vladimir started his career as an electrical fitter in Siberia’s coal mine and then started managing a group of factories named Trans-World Group. Later on, he acquired a major stake in a steel mill “Novolipetsk”. He is also shareholder of transportation business “Universal Cargo Logistics Holding”.
2. Alexey Mordashov with net worth $18.7 Billion comes at the second rank of top 10 Russian billionaires for 2018. Mordashov was the son of a mill worker, but soon became the director of a steel mill with his efforts and expertise. This 52 years old businessman remained a major shareholder of a steel company “Severstal”. In TUI Group that is one of the world’s largest tourism companies, he also possesses 23% stake.
3. The net worth of Leonid Mikhelson is $18 Billion that ranked him at the 3rd number of top 10 Russian billionaires for 2018. He is involved in the gas and chemicals business. In the last year, he purchased 17% stakes of petrochemical company Sibur. Now this 62 years old man is the chairman and founder of Novatek that is a natural gas producer company.
4. With $16.4 Billion net worth, Vagit Alekperov can be seen at the forth rank of top 10 Russian billionaires for 2018. He is 67 years old and his source of income is oil industry. In the past, he was a Caspian Sea oil rig worker but later became a deputy minister of Soviet Union’s oil industry. In 1991 Vagit Alekperov acquired three large oil fields and established largest independent oil company of Russia i.e., Lukoil.
5. Gennady Timchenko is the 5th richest Russian person with net worth $16 Billion. He is also associated with oil and gas sector. Beside this, he is stakeholder in many Russian businesses together with petrochemical manufacturer Sibur and gas company Novatek. He is also considered one of the most powerful persons in Russia.
6. Vladimir Potanin has net worth $15.9 Billion and lies in the 6th ranking of top 10 Russian billionaires for 2018. In 1995, during Russia’s privatization program, he got a stake in Norilsk Nickel that is now raise up to 30%. He is now 57 years old with stakeholder in ski resort Rosa Khutor and pharmaceutical company Petrovax Pharm.
7. Andrey Melnichenko is a famous Russian industrialist with net worth $15.5 Billion and 7th richest man of Russia. He is 46 years old at present and has major stakes in coal and fertilizers sector. He is the foremost stakeholder in coal producer SUEK, fertilizer producer Eurochem and power generator SGK.
8. Mikhail Fridman is the 8th richest person of Russia with net worth $15.1 Billion. This 53 years old man is associated with many sectors such as oil, banking and telecom. He is shareholder in LetterOne (Luxembourg) and Alfa Group along with other billionaires Alexei Kuzmichev and German Khan. He is also founder of Russia’s largest non-state bank i.e., Alfa Bank.
9. The net worth of 61 years old Viktor Vekselberg is $14.4 Billion that he made from metals and energy sector. With the help of from worn-out cables, he made his first million selling scrap copper. His investment in Swiss company Sulzer is his main asset that is famous pumping equipment manufacturing company.
10. Alisher Usmanov is at 10th position in the list of top 10 Russian billionaires for 2018 with net worth $12.5 B. This 64 years old man He is associated with steel, telecom and investment business. In iron ore and steel giant Metalloinvest, oligarch’s biggest holding is Alisher stake. He was also an initial Facebook investor, but now has stakes in Xiaomi and JD.com.