A road trip is a unique experience to see the most of a country in less time but, most of all, to really embark a one of a kind adventure you won’t forget! Of course, when it comes to a road trip there is one first big step to make in order to have everything you need for a stress-free and exciting road trip experience. Today we are going to explore this particular feature: today we are going to explore car hire and the top tips to make the most of it.
What do I need to rent a car?
Let’s start with the essential factors to rent a car.
- Credit card NOT prepaid and payable to the person who books the rental: now it has become mandatory for almost every single car hire service and agency.
- Minimum age: 21 years old
- Valid driving license: it seems obvious but it is right to specify it. To this we add that to rent a car abroad could serve an international license.
- Large residual platfond on credit card: you will need it for the deposit when you take delivery of the machine.
What to watch out for before renting a car?
First things first, you need to learn something more about the local code and if an international driving license is needed. Don’t forget to learn about these ahead of your trip so you won’t have any bad surprises on the field!
How much does it cost to rent a car?
The variables that affect the final price are many; I try to summarize the main ones:
- Driver’s age: the minimum age to hire is 21 years. Drivers under 25 years of age pay an additional fee. This is linked to the concept of “less experience behind the wheel”. The concept may be a little ‘obsolete because there are also people who take the license at an advanced age. In any case, this is the rule.
- Presence of additional drivers: in case of long rentals and other mileage it is advisable to insert an additional driver. It will also have to comply with the rules relating to the license of which I spoke to you a few lines above. You pay a daily fee for each additional driver.
- Drop-off: if you rent the car in location A and return it to location B you will have a (high) cost in addition, which you would not have if the itinerary was from location A to location A. This is very important during planning budget. In on the road, it affects a lot on the definition of the itinerary, pay attention.
- Type of vehicle: trivial but specific, however. A Smart vehicle will certainly not have the same daily cost as a Jeep.
- Optional: do you want a navigator? snow chains? the child seat? All optional comes with a daily price.
How to find the best deals to car hire for road trips?
HolidayAutos.com is the source you should check for car rental comparison. A car rental comparison is going to be the perfect tool to explore all the incredible options and offer for you and your trip being able to adjust the hiring experience in every single possible way. Plus? No cancellation fees, great flexibility, and very convenient deals are the main features of this amazing and easy to use the site. Highly recommended!