Preparing a tasty and delicious Russian cake is so much easy and simple. It tastes different from the regular regional cakes, and is most preferred for baking suiting all occasions. The taste of honey and added cream make the cake much sweeter, softer and tastier. You’ll enjoy working on the cake as the ingredients are most common except that you need to roll the circles of dough before you bake it finally for cream filling.
Enjoy the preparation of the Russian cake.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey liquid
- 100 g Margarine or butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
For Cream filling
- 750 g sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 250-300 g crushed plain biscuits
- Ground walnuts 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Combine eggs, sugar, baking soda and honey. (Beat the eggs well)
- Melt the margarine or butter. Ensure that it is not too hot and add the mixture
- Put the pan on low heat, add the flour while mixing until the dough is left without lumps.
- The mixture will be very thick and will be very difficult to stir.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Take the dough and dip in flour to roll each layer very thin (1-2mm)
- Make circles with dough to give a neat look preferably in 18cm diameter
- Bake the circles at 180? C for 2-4 minutes until golden brown in color.
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough and allow to cool before assembling
- Beat sour cream, sugar and honey until the sugar dissolves fully and ensure to be in liquid form.
- Coat each layer with cream generously
- Assemble the cake and coat the sides with cream. Sprinkle top and sides with biscuit crumbs and ground
- Allow to set for six hours before serving
Russian fruit cake:
- cup raisins chopped
- cup dried apricots chopped
- cup candied fruits chopped
- cup sherry
- cup sugar
- cup brown sugar
- cup butter beaten
- egg beaten
- cup sourdough starter
- cup flur
- tsp baking soda
- Sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp sherry
Mix and combine all fruits with sherry and allow to stand overnight.
Cream sugars, butter and spices until they become fluffy
Beat the egg and stir in a sourdough starter
Add fruit mixture and almonds
Add flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt into the batter and mix well
Take a pan with baking paper and grease it with oil and add the prepared loaf on to the pan. Bake it in a preheated oven at 275 degree F until completely done.
Remove the cake from the pan and cool properly before removing the paper. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of sherry over a cooled loaf before serving.
There are also best Russian dessert recipes and these are widely in practice for the best taste and flavor they offer.
Russian Blini Recipe:
Ingredients: flour 1 kg, sugar 2 tablespoons, milk 4 c, salt 1 teaspoon, butter 3 tablespoon, yeast 40 g, eggs 2.
First, dissolve the yeast in 2 cups of warm water and add 500 grams flour. Mix until smooth. Cover the cloth and set aside in a warm place for an hour.
Add salt, sugar, egg yolks, butter (melted) and mix well. Add the remaining 500 gram flour and beat until smooth. Add the warm milk and mix the batter thoroughly. Cover with a cloth and set aside in a warm place to rise. Once the batter rises, give a good beat until it settles and add some egg whites properly beaten. As the batter rises, cook the pancakes on a hot griddle.
Baking Russian cakes is a lot exciting and surely you enjoy baking different varieties of cakes. Tasty and delicious cakes that give yummy flavor inspire you to choose best ingredients that give crunch base and you can top it with fruits and cream. The preparation methods are also very easy saving lot of time and help you quickly to work on them with simple baking methods. Same day cake delivery in Hyderabad happens when you are partying with friends and relatives celebrating birthdays, weddings and many other special occasions. Cakes ideally suit every perfect occasions.